GAME ON! Competition Terms and Conditions
MacICT’s GAME ON Competition
Terms and Conditions for entering the Competition
- The MacICT’s GAME ON! (the “Competition”) is open to those living in the Australia and of school age (as determined by the conditions of the state in which they reside).
- Employees of the Macquarie ICT Innovations Centre (“MacICT”) may not enter the Competition.
- To enter the Competition, you will need to create a game that fulfils the criteria set out in https://3dedrats.wordpress.com/sydney-macquarie-university-game-on-competitio/. This includes addressing a sustainability issue and emailing the game in the correct format.
- If You have any questions on how to enter, please e-mail Lyrian McGregor at email@example.com with GAME ON! in the subject line.
- You are responsible for the cost of sending your Competition entry to us.
- Your game must not have been broadcast before in any media.
- When sending in your Competition entry, if You are a student You must provide your name, age, telephone number and e-mail address. If You are a teacher You must provide the name and age of the students who created the game with Your school telephone number and Your e-mail address. We will only use this information in relation to the Competition (including checking your eligibility to enter it and announcing the winners) and will not use it for any other purposes whatsoever. We will not keep this information for longer than is necessary for the operation of the Competition.
- You may only send one entry to the Competition. A class may have multiple groups (see #3). A student may be a member of only one group.
- Your game must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third party materials and/or content that You do not have permission to use and must not otherwise be obscene, defamatory or in breach of any applicable legislation or regulations. If We (MacICT) have reason to believe your game is not your own work or otherwise breaches this provision, then We may not consider it and/or We reserve the right to not display or to cease to display your entry.
- We must receive your entry to the Competition by 11.59 pm on 21 November 2011. Entries received after this closing date will not be considered.
Picking the winner and runner up
- A panel of judges from the MacICT will choose the one winning entry and two runners up for the Competition. The overall winner of the Competition and the runner up will then be chosen from the shortlist.
- When choosing the winning entries, the judges will be looking for originality and creativity and how the robot is presented.
- The judges’ decision will be made on or before 28 November 2011. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Publishing the winning entry
- Subject to paragraphs 9 above and 2 below, all entries to the Competition will be available to be viewed at http://www.macict.edu.au/pm3dr/ . The winning entry will be shown on the http://www.3dedrats.com from 28 November 2011 or (if the MacICT needs to delay this publication for any reason) at a later date.
- You own the copyright to your Competition entry as its author. You represent and warrant that you are a member of a group of Australian school students and that the entry is Your own original work, that it is not defamatory, obscene and that it shall not infringe any third party rights including, without limitation, privacy. You will provide evidence of such on our reasonable request. We reserve the right not to display or to cease to display Your Competition entry for any or no reason including, without limitation, if we deem that Your entry is in breach of this paragraph 16 or is in breach of any applicable law or regulation or otherwise may create a liability for the MacICT. MacICT has (and will continue to have during the duration of the Competition) all necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions which are required to enable the MacICT to use your Competition entry.
- By submitting an entry to the Competition, You give the MacICT:
- a) permission for your entry to be broadcast on the MacICT’s website and grant MacICT a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence to republish your Competition entry in electronic format for purposes connected with the Competition; and
- b) the right to use your name for the sole purpose of identifying You as the author of your entry.
- You can find full details of the prizes (for the runners up and the overall winner of the Competition) on http://www.3dedrats.com
- The winner and runners up will be notified either by email, telephone or post on or before 26 October 2011.
- The prizes cannot be exchanged or transferred by You and cannot be redeemed by You for cash or any other prizes. You must pay all other costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize.
- We will substitute the prizes with other prizes of similar value in the event that the original prizes offered are not available.
- Entries on behalf of another person can only be undertaken by the student’s teacher or parent.
- We take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
- Your entry will not be returned to You.
- Details of the winners can be obtained by contacting MacICT: GAME ON! Competiton, Building C5B Macquarie University, Balaclava Road, North Ryde, NSW, 2109. Telephone 9850 4310.
- No purchase is necessary.
- The winner and runners up may be required for promotional activity.
- The Promoter of the Competition is Macquarie ICT Innovations Centre,Building C5B Macquarie University, Balaclava Road, North Ryde, NSW, 2109. Any complaints regarding the Competition should be sent to this address.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of the MacICT for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
- MacICT accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by You as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. The MacICT further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to You or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
- MacICT reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of the MacICT in all matters under its control is final and binding.
- MacICT shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- The Competition will be governed by Australian law.